download - (PC windows only, sorry mac and linux users!)
- Download mpy_full_setup_xxx.exe from here, click OK to save the file and it should start to download the file onto your PC. It is a large file (65MB) and may take 10 minutes or more to download depending on your network connection.
- Take note of which directory it is downloaded in.
- Run the mpy.setup_xxx.exe file in the download directory. (by double clicking on it)
- Click OK on the license page and it will then ask you which components to install. If this is your first mpy installation then select all the components. (you need them all for the MpyEditor to work). Click Next and Ok for all the questions. Please note It will install to the C:\Python27 and to the C:\MPY directories. If you already have Python version 2.7 installed and do not wish to have it reinstalled then unselect Python27 on the components page.
- After it is successfully installed there should be a mpyEditor icon on your desktop
check that the mpy editor starts
- After installing the mpy editor software it should automatically start the mpy editor, if it does not then double click the mpy_editor icon on the desktop (or select mpy editor from the start menu).
- After a short delay it should open up the mpy editor window (the first time you run it will take a minute to start up). It should look like:
- Click on the 'Prog' button in the lower Mpy tab and the program will go through a three stage compile process.